The Eyecare Center was founded by Dr. Harvey Ohriner in 1970, with a mission to offer the latest technology in eye care at affordable prices and today that still stands true. Today’s tough economic times are taking a toll on the job market, families & the community and as a result people are opting out of routine health care. We recognized this development and created strategic partnerships with other organizations to help those in need receive the benefit of vision health care without compromising the quality of care.
Our community Outreach Programs
- Providing free screenings, exams & materials to uninsured children and adults through the Southern Nevada Immunization & Health Coalition (SNIHC)
- "Gift of Vision” Program – Providing about 35 elementary schools with free frames and lenses to uninsured children in need.
- Corporate Screening – Free screening to employees of major hotels and corporations and vision care information on healthy eye care.
- UNLV Student program – Offering uninsured UNLV students with eye exams, frames, lenses and contact lenses at affordable prices.
- OneSite 2014 Vision Van Program – Volunteered to performed comprehensive vision exams to the students of Andre Agassi College Preparatory. Students received free vision exams and the majority of prescriptions were manufactured onboard EyeLeen, ensuring students immediately receive the quality glasses they needed to see and learn their best.
As a community advocate for the uninsured, we offer options for those in need so they do not compromise their eye care during these hard economic times. We do this as way to give back to the Las Vegas community for supporting The Eyecare Center over the last 40 years.